Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how does it look? After a week of rock work I think I'm finally happy with the results, This will be a Mbuna tank by the way and have a tan crushed aragonite substrate. I may add some java fern and java moss after it is up and running between the rocks.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
All looks good except that top rock on the front right pile. Looks too neatly stacked, at least from the front. I think I'd try to move it or turn it over or something. Play around with that and I think you'll have it. Looking very good.

·
Registered
977 Posts
looks good....are the back rocks just balanced on each other? Stable enough?

***edit*** nevermind...saw you other post. Siliconed to the back is good. Just going to use a jet of water to clean out between?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Riceburner said:
looks good....are the back rocks just balanced on each other? Stable enough?

***edit*** nevermind...saw you other post. Siliconed to the back is good. Just going to use a jet of water to clean out between?
ya, most likely just use a powerhead i have laying around.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice layout - fish should be happy in there. Just a thought on your sand - with those rocks, which look grey to me in the pictures, you might want to consider a greyish colored sand - or a peppered black/white color like CaribSea has. I know its a real personal thing but some people find that rocks just look more natural with a substrate close in color - lighter or darker but in the same tones as it is the surrounding rocks that usually break down and form the surrounding sand. Look forward to your final pics.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looks excellent. Aquascaping my empty tank right now as well. The hard part is making it look natural as possible! LOL I look forward to seeing more pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts