Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions I have. Please look at the video, you'll see my new addition to the tank, I believe it to be a venustus. Interesting thing though is the LFS told me it was an mbuna, but upon checking it out, it's a hap. What's going to happen to the two I bought? They are the same size as the rest. Tank mates are yellow labs, cobalt blue, rusties, and 2 demasoni.

Also take a look at the demasoni chasing the Venustus, does he look completely beat up to you?

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
It is a Nimbochromis venustus and it is being vigorously chased by the other fish. It can be difficult to add a couple fish to an already established tank if there are not sufficient hiding places that are not already used by the other fish. It does not looked beat up to me but definitely don't wait to do anything until it is.

If you don't want any Haps in your tank, return both of them. If you don't have a 6 foot long tank, return both of them as these fish get large.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deeda said:
It is a Nimbochromis venustus and it is being vigorously chased by the other fish. It can be difficult to add a couple fish to an already established tank if there are not sufficient hiding places that are not already used by the other fish. It does not looked beat up to me but definitely don't wait to do anything until it is.

If you don't want any Haps in your tank, return both of them. If you don't have a 6 foot long tank, return both of them as these fish get large.
Actually I was referring to the demasoni doing the chasing. I suspect he's actually getting beaten up by the other demasoni.

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
ironspider said:
Actually I was referring to the demasoni doing the chasing. I suspect he's actually getting beaten up by the other demasoni.
Sorry about that, yes the demasoni looks a bit ragged.

Is this your 55G tank with a mix of Mbuna? Can you post a full tank shot or a link to a previous post?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Deeda said:
ironspider said:
Sorry about that, yes the demasoni looks a bit ragged.

Is this your 55G tank with a mix of Mbuna? Can you post a full tank shot or a link to a previous post?
Yes, 55G 4ft mixed mbuna. It's change a little since this pic. I have another fake plant and added a second canister filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Deeda said:

I don't think I can take your advice, the venustus are the most social in the tank, they aren't hiding like everyone else. Maybe I'll just buy a new tank wwhen they get too big.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.