Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20210207_111205.jpg

I want all of your honest opinions if I've got too much decore and natural rocks in this tank and not enough space for them to swim. I was gifted this tank with ten cichlids and I tried to put it back together the way it was at his house but I am worried that there's too much stuff.

·
Super Moderator
2,018 Posts
It looks a bit busy to me but that might be because of the background. If it is easy to remove the background, replace it with a black one, you could use either an aquarium style one or use black poster board.

If you and the fish are happy, just leave it the way it is.

·
Super Moderator
40,891 Posts
What kind of fish are in there? For mbuna you want the tank full of rocks and they don't want/need much open space for swimming. If they are peacocks the furnishings inside the tank may be fine and the solid background may be just the thing.

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts
Hmmmm.... whatizit? :-?
As mentioned by both of our Mods, there are some basic considerations to consider about the aquarium that actually have a greater priority than the look, or 'aesthetics' of the decor.
As follows,
- What gallon size and dimensions is this tank (it looks like a 55 gallon?).
- What fish species is the tank stocked with? The couple I can see in there look like African Cichlids. You might be surprised at what people put in their aquariums....
-
Otherwise, I like your aquarium! Get a good vacuum gravel (if you don't already have one). The funk will definitely build up fast in that stuff.
Plus,
- I'm a fan of monochromatic Black (or Blue) backgrounds.
- You may want to find a way to route and sort of tuck the airline hose down out of sight a little more discretely. But, I like it when air bubbles come out of stuff (Retro!).
-
Nice work! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
9 Mbunu and 1 OB Peacock 1 rubber lip pleco

75 gallon.

Seems like I did good. Thanks everyone!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts