Cichlid Fish Forum banner

I Need Red... Suggestions???

978 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  dotbomb 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I really need to get some bright red colour into my cichlid tank and was hoping that you could all make some suggestions as to what to try and get.

I am reasonably new to the cichlid craze however am already well addicted but am not 100% on all that is available and especially what could possibly be the best looking species to go for.

Please help...

Cheers,

Matt

#2 ·
reds are difficult. most common cichlids that could be considered red are much more orange than red(red zebra mbuna, rubensence (Sp?) red peacock) there are some tropheus species that are truely red, but tropheus need different feeding than the majority of mbuna or peacocks.

#9 ·
Jewels are red when colored up.

Keep in mind what species you want to keep and try to stick with compatible tank mates. I have my jewel pair in with a mix of mbuna and a single peacock right now. It is kind of a hold over tank as I just swapped out my stock from my larger tank. Not sure what I'm going to do with the mis-matched fish but for now they are fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.