Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fish are all juvenile, so I actually have time to stock the tank!
So far I have:
-1 Tiger Oscar
-1 Gold Severum

I would like to put in:
-6 Silver Dollars
-6 Pictus Catfish
-MAYBE another Oscar

Do you guys think I could put in another Oscar, or would that be too much??

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'd go with all except the oscar, maybe instead of the oscar you could go with a male convict? They can get decently sizable in that tank (6" and bulky, though I've mostly seen male pink cons get that sized, zebras typically smaller)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mmm I tried staying away from Convicts and other smaller Cichlids, but it is always an option!

·
Registered
843 Posts
I wouldn't do convicts either. Just because you're willing to get a decent sized tank--you need a decent sized fish!

I would do a single Oscar though (they get huge--and you want to give them room). They're personable (like little dogs), but they'll fight each other.
6 pictus sound good to me (they'll stay round the bottom). I'd get a bristlenose pleco too. Pictus are bottomfeeders but they won't clear glass (I'd do 3).

I'm not sure if silver dollars can take the abuse an oscar can dish out. You'll have to see what others with more experience with them say.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I have updated my list! Here it is now:
-1 Oscar
-1 Gold Severum
-6 Silver Dollars

Just because I love Severums so much, I wanted to add a Turquoise Severum from this Petsmart :/ such a really really beautiful Severum! I've neved seen such a pretty one! (Besides my gold haha) but they have it kept with angry parrot cichlids :/

Just add the other severum, and call my tank full! :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! Ha now I need some filter help! I am putting an fx5 fluval, on it eventually, do you know of any other filter that works well with it?

I know its a weird question, but I know that sometimes people have cool stories of filters working good together!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts