Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tank will be 120 gallons, with a 72 x 17 footprint.
It will include:
-1 Oscar
-1 Green Terror
-1 Sailfin Pleco
-1 Senegal Bichir
-1 Severum (POSSIBLY, but probably not)

I guess if the Severum didn't work out well, I could go with the original dithers like Tinfoil Barbs, Silver Dollars, or Giant Danios.

But I also heard that I could do 2 Female Convicts instead? I read this on a lot of places actually, but it seems a little "iffy" to me. Your advice?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Rather than other cichlids which may want to compete for spots in the tank and hide, I go for getting more obvious action that can be seen. Black skirt tetras are one that work for me with cichlids . They are cheap and five of them school in a way that leaves them safe with many cichlids. Anybody that really gets into chasing them will find they are pretty hard to get. I've never lost any of them. They also seem to draw out some of the more shy cichlids as they are not hiders but always out and swimming.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ehh, Idk, it says they grow about 2.5" :/ Fish that are 2.5" would become snacks for an Oscar or GT :/

Thank you though! I may just stick with some Silver Dollars. Never kept them before. And besides, they average person that knows nothing of fish, thinks they are pirhanas haha

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
For the fish you have and tank size the sd would be best since the convict will b chase a lot and the tinfoil barbs will be too big to keep in a 120g

1 - 4 of 4 Posts