Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a 29 gallon tank full of platies. I have had the tank for...9 years now (I think?) Oh well, I know the fish are healthy and disease free. They range from a few mm to 1.5 inches. So with their small size, could I feed the fry to my baby (2 inch)[/u][/quote] oscar? Or wait till he is a little bigger? He doesn't really beg for food, so if I put it in there, and he decides not to eat it, is it possible that it grows up with him? Or would his predatory nature come into play, and the platy would be gone eventually?

And what coomonly availible live food would you recommend? No beefheart recipes please haha I get those a lot :lol: I have ghost shrimp availible pretty commonly, and crickets, but brine shrimp, daphnia, and all the other little 'bugs' never seem to be ready for a baby oscar. Oh well, let me know what you think! Thank you!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh well sounds good to me! I will probably give him 1 feeder a week, with a couple ghost shrimp in between, with regular pellets all the other days. Sound good?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.