Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's not impossible, is it?

The Fish Guy has a whole section on how risky it is, and I definitely do not doubt him! But it's hard keeping just ONE little Oscar by himself :( You'd think they'd get lonely, but they are fine by themselves. However, I got a 125 gallon tank, and I don't plan on keeping just uno Oscar by himself.

Here is my plan for my 125 gallon:
-2 Oscars
-1 Green Terror
-1 Senegal Bichir

I think if I raise these little guys together as babies, they will be a little more friendly, compared to some adults put together. Also, I am not sure how I will decorate the tank, but mostly like fill it with driftwood. That should reduce some aggression, right? Break the line of site through the tank?

and on a side note, all 3 Cichlids completely ignore my Bichir!! I am actually amazed! Because I thought Oscars were curious fish, and Green Terrors were somewhat aggressive, but mine are quite opposite, and nice to each other.

Give me your input, and thoughts. Just not too negative, please.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Respectfully, Your wrong. They will tolerate eachother and if you're lucky you get a pair that only fight when spawning. If you're unlucky you WILL have unnecessary violence in your tank, and eventually death. Your tank (although not small) is not big enough for two males or even two aggressive females, or even aggressive mating pairs. Point is two is likely going to be a really bad combo.

you asked for input and thoughts. I'm just being honest as nicely as I can :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts