Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I am not able to identify this African Cichlid. :-? I purchased him in a mixed tank. Any help would be grateful. :fish: I apologize for the quality of my picture, though you get the idea. Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looks like Copadichromis borleyi

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir.. :D I noticed that you yourself also have two listed. Do they stay the same brown color in the body, or do they change their color as they get older? Thanks again

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Sorry but that guy does not look like any Copadichromis borleyi juveniles I have seen.
Again I have no idea what it is though.
I suspect it is as labeled a mixed African. Malawi yes, a pure Copadichromis, I think not.

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
24Tropheus said:
Sorry but that guy does not look like any Copadichromis borleyi juveniles I have seen.
Again I have no idea what it is though.
I suspect it is as labeled a mixed African. Malawi yes, a pure Copadichromis, I think not.
I agree. The body is too lean for C. borleyi. Snout is too long as well.

Any chance at a larger and clearer shot?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These are the only pictures that I have that don't have too much glare/blurry...though it's not at the best angle. Hope this is a little better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is the same fish. The lighting in the tank makes it hard to get a decent picture. The two I just posted were taken when he was at the bottom of the tank further from the light.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts