Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congratulations on your starting colony. If you pull your two plecos out of the tank, I'll bet you would really have a cloud of fry swimming around in another month. Just be sure that you have some place that will take your extras. Brichardi are fun and beautiful.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Catching your plecos without tearing the tank apart could be tough. You might try putting a clean leaf of spinach into one of your traps and see if the plecos go after it. Bloodworms are another thing that they find hard to resist if the spinach doesn't work.

Good luck. The tank looks awesome!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wouldn't even worry about the plecos being a problem personally. When I raised brichardi, I didn't have them in the tank and my breeders usually had spawns of 100 or more. Even if the plecos do get some of the eggs, you will soon have a large colony of fish. Enjoy watching the brichardi be excellent parents and the siblings helping in the rearing of subsequent broods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.