Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times. Anybody know where I might be able to sell a bunch of juvies relatively cheap? My LFS can't take a whole lot of them and even those they don't have room for for another couple of weeks.

I have around 15 extra 1-3/4" to 2" P. Nyererei (maybe 4 are males). Also have about 60 Nyererei juvies at 1" to 1-1/4", about 20 small fry. Also have two females holding. Not sure of the variant. But this is one of my males.

Also have around 40 3/4" Kenyi with 2 females holding as well. Also a yellow lab holding.

Any suggestions? I've posted on the Trading Post, but so far no response.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
You could try criagslist or putting some up for sale on aquabid if you feel like shipping. Otherwise if its like around by me you pretty much have to give some away or let them just spit in the main tank and have some syno's in there for fry control.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Unless you have a pre arranged outlet, keeping every batch of fry is a terrible idea. As mentioned get some synodontis multipunctatus cats to help countrol them. If you get use to selling and shipping online you still won't be able to move hunreds each month so either way you have to control it.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
Donate the current batch to your fish club auction and let the mom's spit in the tank ongoing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts