Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I added my mainganos to my 75 gallon mbuna tank. The fish are all doing fabulous. You could say they are getting along swimmingly. I realize this tank is a little overstocked. My intent was to get the mainganos and rehome some of the other 2 species. The synos are going to go to a new home as well.

My problem is I don't want to get rid of any of the fish now. I would rather get a 125-gallon tank to put them in. DIY background. Custom stand. I'm talking borderline dream tank here. I would go bigger (I really want a 6' x 2' footprint) but this is in my 2nd floor office and I don't want to push it too far.

Thoughts on stock for this tank?? Add more of the same? Add a 4th species? Leave it alone and just let them enjoy the extra space. I'm open to suggestions.

Current stock list is:
8 mainganos
7 yellow labs + 1 surviving baby about an inch long
9 rusties
1 albino bushynos
6 synos

Current filtration is :
1 FX4
2 SunSun 303 or 304. Don't remember exactly. I have another FX4 sitting next to me ready to replace the SunSuns when I get time.

Could possibly add an FX6 to the mix as well. So 3 FX filters total. I would run one with a big spray bar and the other two with the usual outputs.

Thank you
Jim

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
125 is home. Sorted the filtration out in my head. 1 FX6 and 1 FX4. May build a spray bar. Not sure yet. Started on the stand. When the heck did 2x4s become $10 a piece. Ugh.

Once that is finished it will be on to a DIY background to hide my heaters and filter stuffs. This is getting fun now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts