Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

not been on here for a while. *** been living in zante for a bit but now im back and just couldnt wait to set up my tanks again all be it in my ol bedroom of my mums house! lol

so i have a 2ftx1ftx2ft tank, approx 110 litres. im putting the water in today and am using a filter sponge from a mature tank to seed it.
not going to get fish for at least another week but will see how the water tests go.

anyway, i went to my LFS yesterday to have a nose and saw some lovely golden rams. they are a bright yellow with lovely orange tinge to their fins. They are so pretty i have to have some! i have kept and bred bolivian rams before so im happy that they like my water.
in a tank my size is it best to get 2 or would more live happily?
I also wanted to add 6 orage guppies and possibly 2 african dwarf frogs but never had frogs and not sure if they are compatible.

which should i add first?

thanks

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Just to make sure you realize this...You don't need to transfer the established filter media until you put the new fish in the tank. If you do it now and add the fish later, you'll lose the bacterial benefits.

Are the gold rams young? If so, I would start out with 4-5 of them, and remove what you have to later, once they pair off.

The guppies should be fine, but I'd be concerned about the dwarf frogs...They might be picked on by the rams.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have 2 african dwarf frogs with a golden ram pair and a male betta. I have never seen any aggression towards the frogs. My tank has heavy plant growth (alot of moss), driftwood and cave-like lace rock, so the frogs have plenty of hiding places. The frogs fatten up pretty fast even though they are competing for scraps with 6 cories, 4 otos and a bamboo shrimp. The frogs tussle with eachother every now and then.

BTW, Golden Rams are the most beautiful small and peaceful fish you can find.

Enjoy and Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts