Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my rocks sitting on small pebble substrate, I just cleaned it and Im thinking of removing the substrate it all together and not puttin any in the bottom. Now I read you need egg crate? to place your large rocks on. What is the maximum weight capacity that a tank can withstand?
I don't have a lot of rocks yet in there but everytime I go to Miami I pick up some limestones, boil them and have set up the tank. I just went to the beach down there and picked up some coral rock from the beach. Some of it is brain coral and some tumbled rock. I boil everything! I don't want to mess up my aquarium with weight, which I think I have evenly distributed. My other questions is when I was vacuumin today I nudge some of the rocks and almost had a tumbling accident, I want to glue them one on top of each other. Is that a good idea? and if so what do I use to epoxy or silicone them together? If you look at the video some of the rocks from a certain angles you can see some kind of images in it. I have some real floating plants, all others are plastic and I have strategicly placed them so that they look somewhat real. Thanks for your responses

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Now I read you need egg crate? to place your large rocks on. What is the maximum weight capacity that a tank can withstand?
You don't need eggcrate IMHO, as the tank bottom will hold more rocks than you could possibly put in there.

My other questions is when I was vacuumin today I nudge some of the rocks and almost had a tumbling accident, I want to glue them one on top of each other.
You might try something like this, but the rocks you have in there now don' t look very heavy and shouldn't cause any problems if they topple. Even if you got more of the same and stacked them up, I don't think there's any chance it'd break either the tank bottom or sides. Rocks in an aquarium are somewhat buoyant, and really don't fall all that hard. Keep in mind if you adhere them together, it may make cleaning in the tank more difficult.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thanks! I love Drs. Foster & Smith. I buy almost all my parrot stuff in there. Never thought of them
thanks again.
Barb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts