Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Let me start off in saying i do not own this place, i dont work there, nor do i recive kick backs from this place, i just though everyone should know. If this is pushing/breaking the rules of the forum, i will, or the mods will, delete this post.

Onto the topic at hand...i found it local to San Diego! After buying 15lbs online and paying almost double for shipping what i paid for the rock, it was nice finding someplace that i dont have to get it shipped from and only getting a small amount of rock for a lot of $$$. I found his posting on Craigslist, and you can find it to after a little searching, but if you want his number or address, PM me and ill forward it to you.

And a little caution, i walked out of there with $70 worth of rock. I planned on spending $40 :D

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Too bad they have that fifty pound weight limit on airline bags. I was in Huntington Beach for Thanksgiving. NAH! I didn't even get enough clothes packed let alone hauling rocks through the airport. 8)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol You could easily walk out of there with more than 50lbs, he had this 100lbs piece that was amazing, but it was reserved. Plus im not crazy enough to pay $200 for a rock....all at one time :lol:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Right! And I feel silly enough just hauling a small box of fish through security! Hauling a box of rocks might really make them wonder!!!

I do have some nice rocks that I would part with cheap but I've never figured how to get them to where they are most wanted. :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the TSA would have a field day over a box of rocks...then you'd be next lol

You dont know how to ship them? The guy i bought from online just stuck them in a box with a bunch of newspaper.

Im surprised i havent gotten massive PMs about this place, maybe everybody is CLing?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I've found that the folks that I've offered them to did not want the shipping price. That low flat rate shipping is pretty high for most folks. Not much point in me boxing them and taking them to the post office for a loss! They were in my back fence line when I moved in and will stay there I guess. :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.