Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the fish are so darn cute! I think I have taken over 100 pics in 2 days.

Labs in their caves:

this one is actually a reflection off the side glass, that's why it hazy:

(not really a cave, but it likes it :) )

My dems:

AHHHH I think I need help!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Fantastic! =D>

I do the same thing every few weeks: out comes the camera and I take about 30 shots, trying to get them just right...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pack-rat said:
Fantastic! =D>

I do the same thing every few weeks: out comes the camera and I take about 30 shots, trying to get them just right...
It's a good thing digital cameras were invented!! I remember when I was little it was like 3.99 for a roll of film, then it was 7.99 to get it developed and we sent them out, had towait about 3 weeks just to find out your dumb finger was in the way, or your dog ran in front of it or someones head wasn't in the picture!

It is simply amazingf what we can do now. In 5 minutes I can take a picture of my tank, crop it, and send it to who ever I want' :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
zoie, I read your thread regarding the decision making to go with cichlid stones, do you mind posting a full tank shot seeing as you are on a picture taking frenzy as it is??? I am really curious how the overall look of the tank is with these.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Thank Canlax for bringing this thread back into topic for the forum it's in :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
canlax said:
zoie, I read your thread regarding the decision making to go with cichlid stones, do you mind posting a full tank shot seeing as you are on a picture taking frenzy as it is??? I am really curious how the overall look of the tank is with these.
A full tank shot is hard to get because my tank is 4' long, but here's the best I can get:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Is that a 33 breeder?

Those are great for cichlids :)

It's a short 55!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glaneon said:
Is that a 33 breeder?

Those are great for cichlids :)

It's a short 55!
I'm not sure what a 33 breeder is, but it's about 33 galons, yes. :) And I hope my cichlids like it :)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Breeders are tanks that are long, but short.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Zoie they look pretty good! My favorite part about them is the size-weight ratio I bet there are lots of users on this site with hundreds of pounds of rock in their house. I picked up a couple of these at my LFS on the weekend to house some small juveniles I have added, but they are in the back corner stacked with some fake plants surrounding trying to give the little guys an oasis from the adults. I couldn't picture what the tank would look like if I used those exclusively. Best of luck with your setup :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
canlax said:
Thanks Zoie they look pretty good! My favorite part about them is the size-weight ratio I bet there are lots of users on this site with hundreds of pounds of rock in their house. I picked up a couple of these at my LFS on the weekend to house some small juveniles I have added, but they are in the back corner stacked with some fake plants surrounding trying to give the little guys an oasis from the adults. I couldn't picture what the tank would look like if I used those exclusively. Best of luck with your setup :)
yea, I was going to do some round rock that we have in the yard, but my husband didn't like the idea of having all that weight on the counter. That's why I went with the cichlid stones. I didn't much like them till I added the black sand to my tank, then I really liked them. :) And they like them :) I was afraid they were going to hide in there all the time and I'd never see my fish, but that's not the case. The all scatter when startled and you can't see a single fish, but then they come out

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
des said:
Great pics. I bet short tanks are easier to clean.
Thanks.
I guess they would be. I've never had to clean a deep tank so I've never thought about that. All 3 of my tanks are about a foot in height. :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Frenzy said:
That looks really nice zoie. Well done.
Thanks :) I love it. I can't stop staring at it. When you walk in my house, it's the first thing you see. It's a lot nicer then the ugly old set up that was there, that's for sure!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
zoie said:
des said:
Thanks.
I guess they would be. I've never had to clean a deep tank so I've never thought about that. All 3 of my tanks are about a foot in height. :)
Haha. I can barely reach the bottom of my tanks! Short arms..... :lol:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Frenzy said:
zoie said:
des said:
Thanks.
Haha. I can barely reach the bottom of my tanks! Short arms..... :lol:
My husband teases me cause I am short, so I also have short arms, he calls the T-rex arms. :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
zoie said:
My husband teases me cause I am short, so I also have short arms, he calls the T-rex arms. :lol:
Next time he says that, bite him. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts