Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tank has been running for a couple months now, with few hiccups. The tank is 125 gal oceanic with an eheim ecco pro easy60 and eheim ecco pro easy 80 cannister filters. Lots of natural rock that I scavenged from a roadside, and then cleaned. The brown algae mess is rather new(last couple weeks) I have been thinkinbg about finding a way to seed the tank with some green algae so that it might take over. any thoughts?

It was worse than this befoer I cleaned it up a bit(rubbing it with my spare hand as I vaccuumed up the mess) all over the top rocks and glass.[/img][/code]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Everything that I have read here states that the diatoms will eventually die off on their own as the tank matures. I am lucky, my juvie bristlenose plecos gobble them up. I have wondered about seeding with green algae also. In the end I decided that it may be too difficult to control if I did and that I would let the tank mature on its' own. My tank was originally seeded with established filter media and has been running for about 4 months now and no sign of green algae yet. I will watch this thread with interest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts