Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have the opposite... he said yes! One day, I may convert a room in the house into a room-sized fishtank. OOH! He said 6 by 6 meters would be fine :D

Anyway, looking at our tiny place right now, that's many years away. But still. I have a yes :D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Mine said no 'cause I already have four tanks at home - so I now have my fifth - a 135 gallon- at work!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think she would let me get another tank, just not one that's 10 feet long :lol:

Water alone for that thing is almost 7000 lbs I am guessing with substrate,stand and rock it could easily get to 9,000 lbs or more?

·
Registered
118 Posts
JimA said:
I think she would let me get another tank, just not one that's 10 feet long :lol:

Water alone for that thing is almost 7000 lbs I am guessing with substrate,stand and rock it could easily get to 9,000 lbs or more?
Yeah thats huge!! I would probably put that on a cement floor...ie basement, for something that heavy. Hope you get a big one though!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
JimA said:
Wait till you have been married for 20 years. :lol:
Yea I can only guess. I love being the bachelor! :D My GF has her own place, so she can't come in and tell me what to do at my place. It's like our President telling Chinese ppl to have more then 2 children!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Tell your wife thank you for saying no. That sounds like TONS of work and money. It would be like having a second job at sea world.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dead Wait said:
I wish I had ya'lls problem. The wife loves the tanks, all the pretty fisk. It's the other that I ask for that she says No to.
Samesies. I was planning on a nano reef or at least sub-30 gallon fw. The girlfriends said 'nah man, take my dad's empty 100 gallon acrylic'. All I had to do was make sure some of the fish were "pretty".

·
Registered
424 Posts
I got the approval to buy my 300 gallon tank, but the day after I set it up I was told I had to get rid of the 125. 6 months later I can't sell the 125. Maybe 600 dollars is asking too much, but hey I am trying and she stopped bugging me about it as often. :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would be very happy to get rid of my 180 gallon and 125 gallon and have just one large tank.

·
Registered
623 Posts
TorontoRaptorsFan said:
I would be very happy to get rid of my 180 gallon and 125 gallon and have just one large tank.
Instead of having 2 very large tanks?
I wish i could call a 125 not to mention a 180 too small. :x

1 - 20 of 20 Posts