Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of the little boogers. 1/4-3/8".

.....Bill

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Awesome! Prepping a tank for these guys as we speak!

And i love the setup of your tank - What is the plant that's dead center and also on the left of the tank? (I'm new to live plants)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi MonteSS,

Great video and cool tank. They already look to have good coloration. Did you get these fry before your female con killed your female HRP?

The roseline looks great aswell.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. This was my first attemp at a DIY 3d foam backround. This is actually an Apisto tank.

I have two Roselines (got them for $3 each) and I had to seperate them as they fought all the time. I guess they need bigger groups like other barbs.

The plants are fake :)

The wigglers and mom were in a cichlid stone in my 75g. I removed the whole thing and put it in a 10g. I kept the mom with them for about a month. When I put her back in the community 75g the Con got her overnight.

....Bill

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi MonteSS,

Thank you for the logistical info about the HRP fry and mom.

After talking to you and some other people keeping roselines, I obtained a group of 5. They do well together and actually swim in a school when not feeding. I was able to get a great deal on them at Petsmart (not as great as your deal).

So if you wanted to do a school of them and are not opposed to big box pet stores you might want to take a look, the one in my area has been getting new shipments every week. Just a heads up in case you are interested.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Keep us updated on their growth :thumb:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Cute little guys. look just like little cons when they are that small.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Any updates? :)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can ship some whenever you want if you want to grow them out. They are still tiny.

....Bill

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I think I'd love a bunch as soon as they're like 3/4" - 1" if that's possible

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Within a month you think? :)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Prob 2 months to get to 3/4" i would guess.

...Bill

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Sounds good to me :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Getting some nice blue coloring.

....Bill

·
Registered
91 Posts
U still have them MonthSS? I would love to take some.off your hands. I'm n the DC area, bout how far are u from here?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
3 hours from DC

Ya. They are growing nicely. 1/2-5/8" now.

Shipping is about $15. One day delivery to DC.

....Bill

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'm getting the feeling I'm not going to be able to take them off your hands for your Bill... What with the fact that I've already got a pair of convicts breeding every 3.5 weeks, and the HRPs that I have possibly pairing off, and the rams in the 37 possibly pairing off...

3 pairs of breeding fish, that's a lot of fry. :lol:

Thought I'd love to be kept abreast of how they progress :)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rigo said:
U still have them MonthSS? I would love to take some.off your hands. I'm n the DC area, bout how far are u from here?
I also know a guy in DC area with Leucistic HRP if you are interested.

...Bo;;

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh ok, you must be in Blacksburg or somewhere out there in VA. I'd gladly pay that $15 for the shipping for some of those little guys. Haven't seen any pure HRP round here in awhile, usually Con hybrids. I'd be interested n the Leucistic ones also, but want the standard more. PM me when they grow out some

1 - 20 of 25 Posts