Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 50gal planted tank 35.5x14x19

1-Acarichthys heckelii
1-South American Leaf Fish
1-Turquoise Sevrum
1-BN pleco
1-dawrf pike, OR, a Cichlasoma salvini :-?

·
Registered
126 Posts
This tank is probally abit to small for a severum they need more like 4' 90gallons when there adults,how about 4-6 german rams I never kept these fish but the membership raves about them.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
erm, as a grow out tank? Acarichthys heckelli, though slow growing, grows to 12 inches. The turquoise sev to about 9 inches ... neither would have much room to turn around. And would probably claim the entire tank. Plus sev's would most likely (but not always) treat your plants as a self serve salad bar.

The South american leaf fish plus a dwarf pike (not compressiceps!!!) would work well with the BN pleco though. (I keep dwarf pikes in similiar sized tanks).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, i would give the fish to the LFS when they grow out. i think that would take a while though.
i already have the heckelii and the sevrum. the heckelii is about 3.5 inches and has been that way for about 6 months. the sevrum only chews on the moss ball and nothing else, im not sure why.

why not compessiceps?

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
compressiceps would most likely be too overly aggressive for a leaf fish, they have been known to take out larger central american cichlids. Other dwarf pikes only quarrel with themselves (regani, noto's, wallacii).

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
brian93 said:
is a salvini to large or agressive for a 50 and the other fish?
Yes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so there could be a SA leaf fish, a regani/wallaci/noto dwarf pike, a sevrum and a heckeli? The severum and heckeli would be given away before they reach there maximum size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts