Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to put a single albino something in my 4x2x2 120g just for the color variety. Here's what I have now (all in the 2.5" to 4" range):

P. Acei - 2m/2f (will add 2 or 3 more when my fry grow out)
M. Estherae - 2m/2f (will add 2 or 3 more when my fry grow out)
Yellow Labs - 4 unsexed (I know they're a hybrid risk with the estherae and I may swap them out later)
N. Venustus - 1f (or possibly male who hasn't showed color yet)
Hap. Sp. 44 "thick skin" - 1m
BN Pleco - 1f

I've seen albino Greshakei in my area that are the right size. How would one of them work with this group? Could it be happy as a single? Will there be aggression and or crossbreeding drama with the esthrae because they're in the same genus? Thanks for the input.

·
Super Moderator
40,716 Posts
He would crossbreed because there would be none of his own females available. IMO you have too many males in that tank and not enough females. I'd get rid of the extra males now. Greshaki are reputed to be among the most aggressive mbuna, won't they be too rambunctious for the haps? Aren't the red zebras already too rambunctious for the haps?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DJRansome said:
Aren't the red zebras already too rambunctious for the haps?
Not really. The venustus is the tank boss and the 44 hold his own. The only problem is between the zebras. ultimately I want to find my #2 male a new home and put some more girls in for #1. He's a spawning fiend and sometimes wears the females out.

Thanks for the advice on the greshakei. Sounds like a bad idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts