Cichlid Fish Forum banner

How to shorten a a 50' python siphon to 25'?

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  moneygetter1 
#1 ·
I have a 50' python siphon I'd like to shorten to 25'. Can anyone chime in as how to do this?

#4 ·
No expert on it, but i believe the vacuum pressure relies mainly on your water pressure from the faucet, although a minimal increase might be apparent if the hose is shorter, or atleast laid out straight with no sudden bends

#6 ·
just unscrew the nut where the tubing attaches to the sink piece it and it will reveal basically an insert adaptor that goes into the tubing. pull the tubing off the insert adaptor, cut it and re-attach. very easy.

#7 ·
Shortening the tube will not do much for the amount of suction. The amount of siphon is related to the head pressure and the flow of water throught the plastic pump. The head pressure is simply determined by the hieght of the tank water compared to the height of the pump attached to the faucet. The higher the tank is over the sink, the stronger the siphon. The faster the water flow, the stronger the siphon as well.

#10 ·
8) Tape the 20 or so extra ft. in a short coil (like you were wrapping it up, no kinks). See if that will help. You can always make it shorter but it'll cost you to make it longer. "T"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.