Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there was a way to set up the tank or such in order to make my mbuna less easily startled. They always hide when i move suddenly or they see a shadow or something. I'm asking this cause i remember when i had some wild caught mbuna and they never ran and hid for anything. Any help will be great!

·
Registered
106 Posts
how many are there and how young? the more you have swimming around fearless the more it will catch on. not to mention hiding places.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have about 20 fish in a 30 gallon tank. 4 are the parents and the rest are their young, which are about 2-3 inches. How do i get them to be fearless? I guess with more hiding places or taller rock formations?

·
Registered
106 Posts
yeah that could possibly work. *** never had a breeding tank. they could just be acting on instinct to hide being that they have young and are teaching the young to act that way as well. but id def try some tall formations. i have pieces of driftwood going from back to the front towards the top of the tank so there like almost 2 levels of swimming. they love it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
20 fish in a 30 gallon!!! that is way to small for fish that are 2-3 inches. this is probably on of the reason why they are skittish. i suggest getting a bigger tank with more caves for them to hide in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts