Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the air thing figured out! Now I want to plan well and efficiently my heating and water changes for many tanks. Lets say for 20 or 30 - 20 gallon tanks. What would be a professional way to heat and do water changes. Would I need to plumb all tanks together? I have no Idea.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Two ways to heat all with one solution. Heat the room or central filtration system. I would stick to the central air system. So, that leaves heating the room. The other option of course is inidvidual heaters. That's what I"ve done. I don't want a 78 degree fish room.

Some do auto drip systems for water changes. Can't help you with that. I like to be in control of these things. I'm going to install PVC drain on the front of my racks and use individual siphon hoses. I"ve seen this setup in local shops. I haven't worked out the refill part yet, but won't be too difficult. I currently just use a python and do a few tanks at a time so it's not overwhelming. Sounds like a lot with 20 some tanks, but being smaller, it goes fairly quickly.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Part of the water change question may depend on what your water source has to offer. Is it the right water in the raw state for the fish you will have? Does it have chloramine, chlorine or neither? Many ways to set up a water change system but it will depend on how much you have to do for the water. When I had water with only chlorine, I used timers and a reserve water suply to fully automate water changing. When I had to start treating to remove chloramine, the auto system was out. Your water is most likely too cold in the winter to go straight into the tank so you may need to prewarm it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.