Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
I think people branch out into Tanganyikans for these reasons. Besides that I find a harem of mbuna behaves more naturally than my male haps & peacocks do. I also think that the typical overstocking of Malawi tanks is probably the main reason we don't see the natural behaviors as much.

I've seen several of my peacocks hover over the sand, even though i keep it very clean. It doesn't happen often though.

Registered
I've mixed Acei and Yellow Labs with my all male Haps/Peacocks, and I always ended up selling or re homing them over time. I had problems with them growing faster than my other stock and sort of taking over.

Recently I was fortunate enough to be able to buy an established breeding group of Chindongo Saulosi for a reasonable price. I'm trying one male to six females with my non predator haps & peacocks with a fall back plan to move them to a 55 or 40B if it doesn't work out. They're fully grown at 4.5 inches, and so far it's going ok. I've always kept large rocks in the tank, so it feels like a natural fit, and it's definitely added some interest to the tank. Two females are already holding 馃榿

1 - 3 of 3 Posts