Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a bit of help as i watched my female and the Male breed andshe held the egss for about a week then she swallowed them. so now I have taken them from my main tank and given them a 55 gallon split in 2 parts and given them a decent sized size alone with some rocks etc with them. Now WTF why wont the breed im giving the blood worms.

·
Registered
495 Posts
2 things come up right away.. Bloodworms are not healthy for peacocks.. And it sounds like a pair only that you are trying to breed?? Malawi's do not do well in pairs. the male will harass that single female alot and that was probably the cause of her swallowing the eggs. Try getting a few more females.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I totally agree with Copasetic. I'd stay away from bloodworms and breeding pairs of Malawians is a harder thing to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Would bloodworms be okay for Ngara Flametail fry. I was thinking as a treat like once a week. The minced frozen kind. I also soak baby brine in zoe. Is anyone else familiar with this product.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I would stay away from them all together. You don't know if the bloodworms are carrying anything - and many frozen things are "bottom of the barrel" - they are probably alive when harvested, but barely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have a small set of golds that are about 1" to 1 and half " should i move some of the females over to that and that might distract the male or is it too soon to do something like that since there juvenille ?

·
Registered
495 Posts
EricBlack120 said:
I also have a small set of golds that are about 1" to 1 and half " should i move some of the females over to that and that might distract the male or is it too soon to do something like that since there juvenille ?
May help or they may be too far away from maturity, but at least its a few dither fish to help keep the male busy from harrassing her.. If you have a few males ad them too.. So your top male is busy forsure.. All the same species so worst case your young males drop some color!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK i will try to move a few of them over and see how it goes thanks any more good advice like whats Best breeding Ph for Eureka gold Peacocks? and temperature " and food type? :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.