Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i have a 55G long and i was wondering about how much it would weigh with 50LBS of sand and 30LBS of decor. after i added the water? is there a calculator for that? so im assuming after the sand & decor there would be about 45-48 gallons of water in there? am i close??

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah I would say you are pretty close. Whether you figure there is 45 or 50 gallons still in the tank the weight will be somewhere between 550-600lbs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i didnt build it if i did i wouldnt have any questions cause i would just have welded it together but its sold oak with a marble top 3 1/2 ft tall 18 inches wide and 4 1/2 ft long! and i tried loading one on here but i kept exceeding the pixel limit!

·
Registered
162 Posts
jeremypb said:
no i didnt build it if i did i wouldnt have any questions cause i would just have welded it together
Yeah that would definitely work!
As far as what you are using it sounds pretty stout. Aslong as the framing is sturdy enough to support the weight you should be good. GL :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.