Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw some great pictures of your tanks.
they have punds and pounds of rock in them how much can a tank hold??

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
a tank can hold all the rock a tank will hold... that's starting to sound like a nursery rhyme...

There have been pictures and videos posted here several times showing (I believe it was) a 20 gallon tank filled with metal pellets... it appeared to be in a testing lab...

Provided the weight of the rock is fairly well spread out feel free to stack it as deep as you like...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Tanks can hold alot more weight than you think.
say, 55 gallons, is equal to 458.989 526 01 Pounds.
That's a fair good bit of weight.You have no worries.Over 300 pounds can be exerted on the bottom of a 10 gallon aquarium, so you really don't need to worry, just make sure your rock is stable, and you can stack tons of it.You could fill a 55 gallon aquarium with solid rocks top to bottom, and the bottom most likely will not break until you either
a) drop 1
b) put over *** of weight.
Don't worry, you'll be fine.

G

·
i dont know ne thing but just from reading cuz i broke my arm so thats all i do is sit here and read
so ne ways if you put egg crate on the bottom of your tank that will help spread out the weight and protect againts accidents like dropping a rock or having a structure but it will not protect the sides

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think the main priority would be to use grating or something to properly distribute the load across the bottom of the tank. One single point receiving more pressure is what will cause failure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have about 400lbs in a 125 gal/ I posted pictures under "new tank pictures" a few posts down. I really dont think there is a limit as long as your floor can hold it, which was my concern

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.