Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have to get rid of this filter to get some money it hasn't been used anyway but i'm wondering what a fair price would be for it. There is no damage to it just dusty and comes with bio balls. I was thinking around $140 on CL but don't know if thats to little or to much.

These are the dimensions of this 35L 12.5W 16H

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Difficult to gauge. You'd have to try and find something similar and price it according to it's condition. Perhaps price out the cost of materials to build one and add in some cost for your time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Although I'm not in the market for a w/d, if I were I'd pay $140 for that if it included a U-tube overflow. WIth just what's pictured, $100. Doesn't mean you shouldn't price it like you said though ... you never know.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I'd agree, $100 as pictured, but the spray bar technology may make it harder to sell. You really don't see that any more because they tended to clog and stop spinning and be problematic.

Marine Depot's site can give you a good idea of what's out there and prices.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
those haven't been selling for more than $50 around Tampa area lately... I can't even sell one that is 3ft long and I'd happily take $50.
Times are tough!

·
Registered
91 Posts
prov356 said:
but the spray bar technology may make it harder to sell
I agree, but only for those who know. The unitiated look at that spinning bar in action and drool. But yeah I had one of those on a mini-w/d back in the mid-90's. Nice little unit made to slide into a 10 gallon tank ... instant sump. Everything about it was win, except that spinning spraybar. After about 2 months of use it wouldn't go a full day without getting stuck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts