Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I now have 10 Mbuna of approx 1.5 to 2 inches each. How much food should I be feeding and how often..?
Also what size pellets - 1mm? 2mm?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Fish of that size a 1mm pellet should be fine; I feed once a day as much as they can eat in about a minute. Smaller fish like yours that are growing you may want to feed a little less twice a day. I use 3mm pellets for my adult fish.

·
Super Moderator
40,490 Posts
I use 1mm pellets for all fish unless they are over 8 inches. And even then I only tried 3mm because I suspected the fish was blind or partially blind.

My pellets never hit the substrate.

·
Super Moderator
40,490 Posts
Not sure what you can get in the UK but favorites here include New Life Spectrum Cichlid Formula 1mm sinking pellets or Northfin Cichlid Formula 1mm sinking pellets.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Feed full grown fish once a day. Feed juveniles twice a day. Feed fry 3 times a day. Each feeding, give as much as the fish can fully eat in 3 minutes. Try to distribute food around the tank so that all fish get some. If you notice some of your fish scratching (flashing) at any time, cut down on the feeding.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use 1mm NorthFin Veggie pellets and my small Mbunas go crazy for it. They never hit the bottom. I also give them fresh spinach that I freeze first to soften them. So much fun watching them shred pieces from it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
AV8TOR said:
I use 1mm NorthFin Veggie pellets and my small Mbunas go crazy for it. They never hit the bottom. I also give them fresh spinach that I freeze first to soften them. So much fun watching them shred pieces from it.
Maybe I'll try some spinach, I tried peas, they messed with them but didn't eat them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I will give only 3mm of food, Because they don't have limit in taking food. If they eat much they die. So don't give much food to your fishes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts