Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Prime. Usually when I add it I dose for the whole tank but sometimes I forget and only add enough for the amount of water I take out. How much do you guys normally add when doing water changes?

~Ed

·
Registered
165 Posts
I always add more then I should just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Barbie said:
You only need to add enough dechlorinator as you add water to the tank, not the entire volume of the water. The only water with chlorine will be the new water.

Barbie
depends on whether your filling it via a python. the thought being that if you treat the entire tank volume then it should be dispersed well to deal with all the chlorine coming in. howeer with good circulation in the tank thats probably not needed

personally I fill buckets (110l) with water and bring them up to temperature and buffer before adding it, so only add the amount needed to de-chlorinate the containers worth of water.

as for what I'm using, Seachem Safe. its prime minus the water, and works out a huge amount cheaper. only thing is, 5g treats 950l (chloramine) so dividing that into the smaller sizes is tricky. I've been dissolving small amounts in RO/DI water, and then working out the dosages from that (5g in 100ml water = 5ml treats 45l)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts