Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many more Bolivian rams can I add to a 125 gallon Tank?

Curently I have:

8 angels
4 bolivans
3 Laetacara curviceps
12 blood fin tetras
15 neon tetras
6 black neon tetras
2 corys
8 ottos

The tank has lots of plants and driftwood

TIA

Pat

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Ditto above ... and send me the curviceps!!! :lol: purely so you can go to 10 bolivians .. yeah that's it. :D at the very least, double the black neons ... I think tetras should always be in groups at least of 12 minimum.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies
I will slowly be adding more tetras, thats not really an issue or concern for me

I am more interested in the maximum number of bolivians I can safely have in this tank.
I have chance to pick up a bunch them cheap, might be a once in a life time deal

So dwarfpike and illy you are saying 10 would be the max?

Sorry Dwarf no can do on the curviceps, found them by accident at Petsmart, bought the last 3 they had

Thanks

Pat

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
:lol:

Ours has 'curviceps' too, but they are really dorisgers instead ... though near impossible to tell the differance until the breed.

I'd stay with 8 if keeping the curviceps with them, they will compete for floorspace.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
10 would be a good number, but I don't know that it would be the 'max'... Aquascaping will play a big part in determining that... Try to have more caves than fish...

I would pm blairo or dutchdude and ask their thoughts as well - you can find the in the bolivian ram club thread :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts