Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I have been battling bloat for a while, and I think I'm in the clear, but I'm still nervous. (BTW-Thanks to all who posted trying to help). I changed foods and added mucho rockwork. Everytime I see a shy fish or one that isn't acting exactly right, I think BLOAT! How long before I begin looking at my fish as the barbarians they are again?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Although I don't think :-? I've lost fish to bloat, I have had fish go from perfectly healthy to dead in three days and understand your inability to just relax and enjoy the fish. I have been a little over two months without a fish death and am just now starting to relax and enjoy all my hard work.
All we can do is educate ourselves as much as possible and hope for the best while realizing that sometimes fish just die. :( . Thankfully we have a resource like this forum to learn how to do the best we can. I have almost given up on keeping fish two or three times, then a week ago, I stripped my first fish and remembered that this can be enjoyable and worth all the time and energy it requires :dancing:

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I'm not sure of your specifics, but IME, I keep a close eye on things for a month after treatment. I had some wild stock come in with ich back in early March, and I'm still checking them several times a week for spots.

Bloat- I'm always watching for fish spitting food, some tanks more than others. If I get freaked out, I stop feeding for two days, then watch carefully when I feed again to make sure everyone is hungry.

It might take you some time to relax about it, but I've found that vigilance becomes second nature instead of a nightmare given enough time. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts