Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Looks nice. The stone that's acting as a tabletop on the right 1/3 of the tank, I would move. It completely levels off the "elevation profile" of the tank. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the remarks. I got the stones right by my house. I live close to a river and live in a subdivison called River Rock for obvious reasons. Rock here is certainly plentiful. I was psyched that the Cichlid Sand matched so well.

dielikemoviestars
I had it without the flat rock before. I thought it looked better and it made that nice cave. I may take it out..not sure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
your setup looks very nice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It looks very nice. :thumb: My only suggestion would be to maybe paint the one filter intake black, the one that is on the right hand side of the tank.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Looks great :thumb:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering what I'd do with that rock if I removed it, since it would leave a big gap in that side of the tank. I was trying to think of a way that you could set it vertically without it looking too "placed." Either way, I do like the choice of rocks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any recommended aquarium safe paints or such for the filter intake?

Do you guys think this setup will work for a demasoni tank? I may decide to go for the challenge.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Try and find some krylon fusion. Made for bonding to plastic. I used it with no issues.

Nice looking tank. Dems would work just fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Beautifully round stones. Crystal SJclear water, and looks very clean.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts