Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so venting is the best way to determine sex. I have never done it, i have a couple spawns of green terrors i will be giving away/selling and i would like to know how young/what size can you vent at, and what do these different parts look like. I have a pretty good track record with sexing green terrors visually, but only after they are 2-3in. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
GTWilly said:
Wow. Is this a dumb question or does no one really know the answer?
Probably the later I'm guessing. You can try doing a google search on vent sexing cichlids (keep the search general not specific to GT's) and see the differences between the sexes. You will notice that different species will have different sized and shaped vents, but typically these are small variances.

It may be that sexually immature fish are hard to vent sex. Not sure on this however, just an (un)educated guess.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Same way you vent any other cichlid. But if they are still young, it may be difficult. Not sure at what age they mature enough to be easier. Try now and see if you can tell...will need a magnifier probably.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts