Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys....I have a 75 up and running with these babies.....1 Oscar, 2 EBJD, 1 bristlenose Pleco, and a blue acara. I will be upgrading to a 125. And I will be selling my 75. The 125 will go in the same location as my 75. Whew! A lot of work ahead! I was thinking of getting a 50 gallon (clean) trash can and saving as much water as possible and putting my fish in there with a heater and either a small filter or some O2 supply. Ideas?

·
Registered
654 Posts
When I upgraded from my 180gal to my 450gal I was faced with the same situation. After looking at the possible time involved I decided it was a very big risk trying to make this swap while my fish were in a temporary holding container w/temp filter. So I moved the 180gal to a new location first, then took my time setting up the 450gal.

So glad I did as it was 3 weeks before I was done setting up the 450gal; arranging the sump's pvc pipes & hoses out of the way with hose clamps, siliconed the larger display pieces in the tank, etc. I can say the 450gal setup turned out pretty very neat, a thing of beauty if I do say so myself. I hate to think of what would've happened if I tried to rush this the way I wanted to at first.

·
Super Moderator
40,712 Posts
ken31cay's suggestion is good. If you go with a temp container...get something long/shallow. Bins. The fish would not do well in a deep, narrow container for more than a couple of hours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts