Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I catch a red tail shark without ripping the tank apart? I have a 125 gallon with a ton of african rootwood. I do not want to take it all out.

I made a trap out of a 2 liter bottle. I have 20 fish in my tank and the RTS is the only one that hasn't been in it.

Is there a food RTS find irresistable?

·
Super Moderator
40,891 Posts
I always rip the tanks apart.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I had a few RTS's in my time, and I always caught them by lowering the level of water in the tank, and taking out all the decor; so there were no hiding spots. They're fast little buggers, but eventually they'll get tired of evading the net. O, and make sure you use a huge net too; to cover more area.

·
Registered
554 Posts
two nets can't hurt either

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My rts loves zucchini. Maybe that might help. Put it in the trap and see if it bites. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
go to a local fly shop or tackle shop and get the smallest hook you can find. get some 1lb test and "fish him out"... dont forget to de-barb your hook

·
Registered
23 Posts
it does work, and works well! I have used it to remove fish from reef tanks. my 75 gallon has well over 120lbs of liverock and moving it all out of the tank is simply not an option. I have used this method to remove several troublemakers.. such as a psuedochromis and a couple of damsels. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts