Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the Eheim 2229 with spray bar, a power head, and about to hook up an Eheim 2217 on the tank as well with spray bar. Do you put both intakes on the same side of the tank, and spray bars and power head on the other?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I kept my spray bar on the same side as my pickup and placed each filter one each side of my aquarium pointed at each other. I was wondering the same as you when I did mine. What made me keep them together was the thought of all the hose resistance. Mine works good this way but I do keep wondering if it would have been better the other way. If you think about it, it probably does not make that much difference as they are spraying towards each other and thus spraying away from their own intake. Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
It may just take some playing to get what you want. As filtering it won't make a great deal of difference but the currents will carry debris better some ways than others. The big thing you may find is that there is a dead spot behind some decor item and stuff gathers there. That might make you want to change things to direct some flow there. I've never got it exactly right in any tank!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have 2 intakes on one side and my outlets spaced evenly in the tank. I also have a power head pointed towards my intakes.

I'm not sure my intake placement matters too much since the flow within the tank is turbulent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts