Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

How much space do i need in betweem the aquarium and the wall to install one of these?
I have EXACTLY 5.25 inches.

thanks

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
748johnd said:
Mine hangs 4.50 inches from the tank rim so you should be fine. It will give some extra room to install it.
that is great news, thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi

is it possible to use crushed coral in the media container? i ordered my unit and it should arrive by friday. :thumb:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Before I downsized, I had six in service that I filled the basket with Seachem Matrix with great success. I gave three to a daughter and still have three in storage.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mudkicker said:
hi

is it possible to use crushed coral in the media container? i ordered my unit and it should arrive by friday. :thumb:
as long as you put the crushed coral into a media bag first it should be just fine, if you just dump it into the media container without a bag small pieces and dust could get down to the impeller and ruin it. I filled mine full of fluval ceramic rings and it works great :thumb:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my new HOT Magnum has been running for about a week. i like it so far. the only thing that i find odd is that the motor seems to make a relatively audible "humming" noise. it is significantly louder than my Emperor and AC. Is it normal for this filter?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jason081180 said:
mine have run very quite. never can hear them. you might try taking it apart and cleaning any sand or what from the impeller
its does not sound like an impeller issue, its just a hum from the motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts