Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ADMIN Info: Ok I have a Zebra (red) about 4.5in sitting in a semi-planted (plastic and live) 10gl until she releases. Occupants: minnows for her to eat after she releases. This is her second brood.
I noticed there is stick protruding from her mouth but I can't tell if it is plastic or real because the plants are the same color. It doesn't seem to bother her....I mean she is swimming normal and darting after minnows so I would say she looks normal minus the stick. It does seem as if she is chewing on it at times. I would like to know if anyone has encountered this before? I don't want to net her then pull the stick out because if I don't net her properly I could push the stick in further. I did notice that some of her babies are out (3 of them) but I can see more in her mouth.

I'm open to helpful input.....I would assume the stick isn't normal but if she can release it herself I would rather let her do that then try and catch her and pull it out.

thoughts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All

Disregard....the stick is gone and she's still holding so everything has returned to normal.

thanks anyway

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't really have a good answer for you outside of personal preference. I generally don't feed them to my mbuna they are normally used for my CA babies. But I noticed my holding mbuna mothers will eat my minnows (all home grown) after holding for three weeks. Any other time they wont touch them...well my demansonis will. Lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.