Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught them dancing last night, and I have females two holding as of today. I just got these 8 on Jan 21st. They are in a 5 ftx18x26 inch tank with 16 Petro Ortho Ikola juvies. They are a great fish, my first Gobies. I hope to see some babies as I have lots of hiding places in the tank. Here is a pic of one pait of proud parents. My photo skills do not show these guys off!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Let us know if you ever see any of the fry. Gobies are notorious for eating their own spawn and are really quite amazing at hunting them down. :lol:

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darkside said:
Let us know if you ever see any of the fry. Gobies are notorious for eating their own spawn and are really quite amazing at hunting them down. :lol:
Insert Bad word here! :oops: I could have sworn I saw a tank on Youtube with babies and parents. :wink: Must have been right before lunchtime... Thanks Darkside. I'll see how it goes. I was hoping to see a few babies in here. I thought about moving them in with the Trophs. I suppose that they will eat Troph fry, as well?

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
In years of breeding gobies in heavily rocked tanks, I've only had 3 fry (out of hundreds) survive in the tank with adults. :?

The adults will try to hunt fry- and they will get some unwary snacks but are too slow to do major population control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts