Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there possible harm to a holding female in a tank being treated for bloat? fry?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I've treated with JPC without any problems to holding moms or fry, but if you use something stronger than that such as Clout, I think there could be more potential for long term damage to developing fry.

Kim

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i went with the JPC product and just adminstered it to the tank. As of right now, I've 4 fish hovering close to the bottom looking distressed.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when do you typically see improvement in the tank? not sure if the hovering fish will make it, we'll c :(

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
still waiting, one might not make it through the night, but the others appear to be holding on, fingers crossed :(

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I never had any negative effects from JPC. No distress in any fish, not even the ones I was specifically treating. You might want to do an immediate water change and reconsider your approach. I also immediately boost my aerator if fish seem distressed in their breathing . . .

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you might have misunderstood me, they were distressed prior, I think it's working a little bit...........I also added almost a cup of epsom salt, Kim said it would help as a laxitive, so now we wait :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts