Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
looks like an Auratus beside your Chindogo saulosi. love the look of the Auratus but they seem to have a bad rep. How many do you have and any problems? Bill

·
Super Moderator
40,485 Posts
Tinng321 has had a death in the tank which is being discussed now. Look for other threads on this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
willyg1631 said:
looks like an Auratus beside your Chindogo saulosi. love the look of the Auratus but they seem to have a bad rep. How many do you have and any problems? Bill
I have about 6 or 7 Auratus. To be honest, they are not too bad. I have 1 demasoni now (2 died from sickness), 7 red zebras, 4 albino socolofi, 3 saulosi, 3 cobalt blue, 2 OB, 7 yellow labs, 2 ice blue, 3 small peacocks, 5 medium peacock, 1 medium hap, and 4 small haps. They get along pretty well. There is some aggression but very minimal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
willyg1631 said:
Here are some photos. No problem so far. Hope it stays that way. I honestly think my demasoni died because my brother over fed them.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,485 Posts
Overfeeding does not kill demasoni. IME they die from being harassed by tank mates and over time they become susceptible to stress related illnesses like bloat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have separated the holding female to a separate tank. When will she split out her young? Do I have to do water changes during the waiting period? If yes, how much and how often?

·
Super Moderator
40,485 Posts
Females hold an average of 28 days. The holding tank should be just like the main tank with filtration, heat and weekly 50% water changes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the reply Tinng321- sorry about the demasoni, nice you have some new life starting out. Tank is excellent and stand looks like quality furniture. Bill

·
Registered
154 Posts
to me it looks like she is still holding. You should be able to see the fry/eggs in the mouth if you look from the front.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts