Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On March 9 one of my young yellow-tail acei spawned while I watched, producing at least 40 eggs. As of this morning, 33 days later by my count, she appears to still be holding. I have not removed her, so she is surrounded by mbuna and syno's in the main tank.

I thought a typical holding time was more like 28 days. Is 33 unusual for acei, or is that still within the normal range? :-?

Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She looks pretty health, not really under weight, so that's not a concern right now. My original plan was to let her spit in the tank, since all the stores around here have lots of acei for sale already. I also have another holding acei about 5 days behind her, so no shortage of potential fry.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I just had my acei release her fry. I separated her to a holding though. I didn't see when she started holding but it was around the same time I noticed one of my Vics holding. I estimate she held about 17 days, but I can't be sure b/c I didn't document when she started. I thought it was actually a relatively short term. My Vic spit the next day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts