Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I have been dealing and treating the HITH disease with my Oscar now for about 2 to 3 weeks now it seems. I have a 60 gallon tank. Ammonia and Nitrite at 0 and Nitrate at 10. I've been doing daily water changes of 10 gallons everyday. I'm really seeing a major improvement! I'm dosing with Prime and Aquarium salt on every change that I do daily. I've tried the Jungle treatment for Hith and Api as well but didn't see any real changes till I started the daily water changes. I know this is a lengthy process but I was wondering is there anything else I can do? Fish Guy I want to ty again for all your help! Any comments I'd appreciate.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I'm glad to hear your fish is looking better, but it will take time for it to heal.

The other thing I would try is to improve the variety and quality of food- some folks think that vitamin deficiencies cause HITH, but little research has been done. However, it does seem that better food helps recovery from HITH.

Vary what you feed him- start with a high quality pellet, and supplement with shrimp, krill, or other frozen or freeze-dried treats. Don't overfeed, but see if you can add some different nutrients into the diet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts