Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what hiding spots should i use or get for my Green terror?
and if i use rocks for a rock cave how can i set them up....... i cant find a site with ideas

·
Registered
46 Posts
any plastic cave will do. clay pots are cheap, your own pile of rocks, cinder blocks. they just need a hole they can fit in and im sure they'll find it homey. keeping in mind males can get up to a foot long and females about 7-8in. i have had the problem of store bought gts being quite shy and only coming out of their cave to eat. with my breeding pair of terrors i had to pratically remove all cover to get them to mate. you may find yourself spending a lot of time making them a nice home, and then never see them again

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I had a similar experience...my RD likes a cave, but when we had a cave for her (made out of paving stones to be large enough), she never came out, just defended her cave. So we took it down and she has become a lot more outgoing.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i use large, broad leaf silk plants. my 10" male likes to lay between the leaves but he is a dominant fish in the tank, #2 next to my 11" jd, and is very outgoing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.