1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
164 Posts
right, how would a canister that only moves 340 gph (which is prolly way less with media) filter a 180g tank? yea, no thanks. DIY a canister filter with a better flow rate, prolly the same price if not maybe less

·
Registered
376 Posts
jebao?? china stuff? wanna be eheim? lolz no thanks ,you get what u pay for..!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Most of what Jabao makes is junk! I seen leaking filters and I have seen two of there aquarium lights catch fire. Don't buy that Chinese junk. Remember the lead that's in Chinese toys or the pet food that killed thousands of cats and dogs. Don't buy there junk it will probably make your fish sick.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Tigerdat said:
Most of what Jabao makes is junk! I seen leaking filters and I have seen two of there aquarium lights catch fire. Don't buy that Chinese junk. Remember the lead that's in Chinese toys or the pet food that killed thousands of cats and dogs. Don't buy there junk it will probably make your fish sick.
thats so right

·
Registered
555 Posts
booba5 said:
right, how would a canister that only moves 340 gph (which is prolly way less with media) filter a 180g tank? yea, no thanks. DIY a canister filter with a better flow rate, prolly the same price if not maybe less
My XP3 moves 350 gph and is rated for up to a 175 gallon tank. Check out the specs on the eheim classic series if you're worried about GPH and tank size:)

not suggesting this filter is comparable, btw.

·
Registered
164 Posts
lol 2x turnover is too little for me, but with a name brand like that, I'm sure thats rated with media installed, where with that taybo or whatever it is isn't/

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's only Xenophobia when you have no basis for the fear. When a nation has a 'recent' track record of making toxic/outright poisonous items, it is prudence. I would stick with the known good brands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input. I think I'll pass on this one and go another route. I've been burnt on cheap imitations before and it looks like this is just that. Better to put the money toward a known canister than take a chance, even though this may be a decent one for a while.

Danny

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
wow :eek: i have 2 on my 110g tank and they've been going strong for almost 3 years with no problems.you guys are to hung up on name brands i think.i don't have money to waste so yeah i "cheaped" out but in the long run i'll make it up.would i just use 1 on a 180g tank?no.but i also wouldn't use just 1 fx5 at 3 times the price either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts