Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Fogelhund said:
One of the better choices would actually be Yellow Labs, so chances are you've gone backwards in your stocking. Another good choice are lesser aggressive Aulonocara. Rusty cichlids, Pseudotropheus demasoni (one), or a group of Pseudotropheus saulosi are other fish I'd recommend for such a tank... that's about it.
+1
If you want a couple different colors the Pseudotropheus saulosi are going to be your best bet.

A 29G isn't big enough to keep a group of Demasoni, since 12 fish is the recommended minimum stocking for a group to deal with their aggression.

·
Registered
162 Posts
yankeecichlid201 said:
so with your prior statements, if i go and buy 5 to 6 random africans assorted, the tank won't work out?
edit: and do you have any idae what cichlid i have, its peachesh color but has a brownish red belly?
In all likely hood (99.9% chance) it will not work out in the long run (the tank up and running successfully for 2 years or so). If the fish you buy are juveniles then your tank may be fine for the first 6-12 months and then all #@!! breaks out.
For anyone to really help ID your fish you need to post pics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.