Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got six 2 inch Herichthys Pearsi today so I'm very excited . At this time they are chillin with my three 3 inch Viejas argentea . I am not sure how long this will last since eventually the V. argentea will become alot more assertive . My wish will be to keep adult pearsi with argentea and synspillum but I'm just not sure if that's a reality .
Anyone with pearsi care to share pictures and experience ? :popcorn:
How much of their diet contain plant matter ?

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
I would feed a good pellet containing spriluna. Look for food you'd feed to tropheus. I hope you've got a big tank! GL. They are simple to keep given ample space.
I'd grow them out in a bare 125-180 (preferably the 180) till a pair shows it's self, then remove the other four.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even immature or mature males get along outside of breeding mode ? I'll have to ask LFS's about Trophs diet as I do not have any experience with african cichlids . Do they eat plants to the extent of Uarus ?

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
I'd say no, uaru ae pretty extreme... But will also do just fine strictly a pellet diet.

Tropheus graze on greens all day long... Like I said, anything with spriluna in it will be good. I'd be suprized if your local fish store knew what a tropheus even was...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm fortunate enough that 98 % of all my LFS ( san antonio included ) are very well known among " fish circle " and are members of ACA . I myself am a complete newb so I'm thankful for all the folks among " the circle " . I'll def. get some algae wafers and go from there . Thanks for your advice !
Cheers .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts