Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my local aquarists just told me that the young chocolate uaru i bought two weeks ago is a gold cheek cichlid. Now i Cant find any info on them. Can anyone help? Thanks

·
Registered
912 Posts
Well, if you could post a photo so we can figure out what species you have, that would help. Never heard of a Chocolate Uaru, and there are a lot of Cichlids with gold cheeks, but I've never heard of one being called a "Gold Cheek" cichlid. Perhaps someone else will have heard of these common names and will have an idea what species you might have.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i am having massive trouble posting photos here. The uaru come in two sorts. A panda which is rare and the others are chocolate or emerald. May just be a uk thing lol. Will keep trying to post a photo.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
That's DEFINITELY not a uaru. It's a central american fish. One of the Vieja/Paratheraps group. Going to get very big, and probably quite mean.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
big is good. And right now my tiger rules the tank and i Cant see that ever changing. Any more specifics would be helpful as feeding etc may get awkward. At the mo it eats everything. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts